sultana pears & apple crumble recipe Chef Mike Darracott
Ingredients for filling
3 medium peeled cored chopped pears
4 large peeled cored chopped cooking apples
40 g sultanas
Juice and zest of 1 lime
175 ml of water
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
3 tsp of sugar
Ingredients for crumble
120 g unsalted butter
115 g caster sugar
190 g plain flour
2 tsp of cinnamon
(1) Preheat oven180 C-350 F Gas mark 4
(2) Place the apples & Pears into a saucepan with the water, zest and juice of the lime, and sugar and boil on a low heat until soft.
(3) Now add the sultanas, and cinnamon, and simmer for a further 2 minutes stirring all the time.
(4) Divide the mixture into 4 oven proof dishes similar to ones I used in the picture.
(5) Now to make the crumble, simply in a bowl, rub the butter into the flour, until it’s a fine crumb to touch, now add the sugar, and mix it in, and finally the tsp of cinnamon.
(6) Next pour the crumble onto each of the 4 dishes, and place in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serves 4 people
Enjoy Chef Mike Darracott