Sweet Pork with Apple & Sage cream sauce recipe
Chef Mike Darracott
4 medium sized Pork loin chops
2¼ tsp corn flour mixed with a little water
Salt & black pepper to taste
2 tbs of vegetable oil for frying
110 g of sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion sliced fine
1 medium cooking apple peeled, cored, and cut into medium size slices
210 ml crème fraiche
140 ml sweet apple juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
Frying on a simmering heat setting using a frying pan or wok….
(1) Pan - fry the chops in the vegetable oil until around ¾ the way cooked, then put aside.
(2) Next in the same oil, add the onions, mushrooms, apple, and cook for around 3 minutes.
(3) Now add the apple juice, salt and pepper, and garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, rosemary.
(4) Stir in the crème fraiche, and cook for another 3 minutes.
(5) Now pull all the ingredients to one side in the pan, and add the corn – flour stirring all the time.
(6) Finally place the chops back in the pan, and cook for a further 4 minutes basting the chops in the sauce.
Serves 4 people
Enjoy Chef Mike Darracott